Email Application to:
Mail Application to:
Scholarship Award Sub-Committee
APT US & C
P.O. Box 591
Tawas City, MI 48764
SUBMISSIONS MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN MAY 1, 2018.
Applications are confidential. For more information regarding the Scholarship opportunity, please contact:
APT US & C encourages continuing education for all active members. The scholarship award program is designed to give assistance to any active member who needs financial assistance to attend an APT US & C conference or to attend an affiliated APT US & C institute.
To be eligible for an award, the applicant must be an active member in good standing. Members of the Board of Directors are not eligible.
III. CRITERIA FOR THE AWARD
The main criteria for the award are financial need. However, other factors will be considered:
- Total cost of the conference or institute being attended.
- The financial condition of the Scholarship Fund.
- Maximum number of awards to any one person is two.
- Applications must be submitted at least 60 days prior to the conference or institute.
- A letter from the applicants' city, town, county, etc. (councilor, selectman, city manager, etc. confirming the necessity).
- APT US & C Scholarship application must be used when applying.
- Scholarship applications may be obtained by contacting Headquarters.
- Completed applications must be submitted to headquarters by June 1st of the current year. Applications will be forwarded to the Chairperson of the Scholarship Award Sub-Committee.
- The Chairperson of the Scholarship Award Sub-Committee will notify the applicant of the award.
V. PROCEDURE FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP AWARD
- Awards will be made on a reimbursement basis only. No funds will be advanced.
- Actual disbursements will be based upon proof of payment (receipt or copy of a canceled check).
- Proof of payment must be sent to APT US & C Headquarters.
VI. AMOUNT OF THE AWARD
A maximum award up to $500 to attend a national APT US & C conference and $250 to attend an affiliated APT US & C institute.
The members of the APT US & C Scholarship Award Sub-Committee shall make the awards and advise the Board of Directors at the next meeting.